AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should the submissions reveal the submitter?
Poll ended at Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:53 pm
Yes. They should be revealed. 50%  50%  [ 13 ]
No. They should be anonymous. 42%  42%  [ 11 ]
Maybe. I'll just sit on the fence. 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:31 pm 

greenaus wrote:
Better go and check the birds though. A kid is standing here beside me telling me another kid has a turkey in his hands.

That reminds me... BBL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:33 pm 

thats ok, yours was better anyway :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:52 pm 

Hi guys,
what a great discussion, I didn't vote this round, mostly cause I'm a bit slow on understanding the voting system fully. Thought I'd add my 2 cents worth though, had a bit of change,
I'd don't really see the issue of whether you know who's pic it is or not, but if the voting system was-
1 go to gallery,
2 look at pics,
3 mark off your vote there and then( like a poll with tick boxes next to pic) and
4 then be happy.

I don't know how hard that would be for admin to set up but thats just my suggestion. Think votes should be capped to 1 per person per pic though, just to allow you to vote for pics as they get posted and not allow the person with most time on computer to make a few thousand votes go on 1 pic.
So you could vote as many times as you like, just not on the same pic.

I think this is a great community with lots of fine people interacting and just shows how much we all love this forum, by the way everyone wants to give ideas to keep this site advancing. 100 heads are always better then 1.

hope I didn't ruffle any feathers :lol: with what I'd suggested but they are my thoughts, Cheers. Peace out all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:24 pm 

I personally like the idea about the photo competition being anonymous. :-D

I have won the photo competition with a lot of votes from a person on the forum which was most definitely not organised by me as I don't even know this person. The flack that went on between forum members after the last photo competition definitely took the gloss of winning it with what I thought was a beautiful photo. I nearly didn't bother putting in another entry this time but decided to anyway as I had no control over who won the competition.

I feel some people should have been a little more sensitive about their comments and the affects it would have on the entrants and APF Admin. It upset me greatly. :x And here we are some time down the track and the the flack and insensitive comments are still happneing. . :shock: So if there is anyway to prevent the sort of BS that went on last time (and is still continuing) I am for it and if it requires anonymous entries then I am all for it. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:01 pm 

Does it need to come to this :( seem to have worked well for 3 1/2 years so why the issue just be grateful they have such a competition. I feel it should not change.

Cordelia

Last edited by Cordelia on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:10 pm 

If I in any way have been caught up in any bickering about current or past photo competitions, I sincerely apologise to one and all.

I haven't even voted in this poll. I just started the thread because my last instruction was to do it because others weren't sure how to get a poll happening.

I understand the suggestion put forward by Deb and agree it has merit for the reasons given.

However, this has been run many times in the past and apparently no rules have ever needed to change.

It will be interesting to see how this all goes. Someone made a good point about members being able to have input and admin being willing to consider input from members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:41 pm 

No I'm LooLoo I was speaking with Cordelia a little while ago so she must be thinking of me, how nice :-D for my 2 cents worth I like things the way they are.

LooLoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:04 pm 

greenaus wrote:

It will be interesting to see how this all goes. Someone made a good point about members being able to have input and admin being willing to consider input from members.

Members have since November 2007, we have implemented several ideas from Members. SUGGESTIONS & COMMENTS ABOUT THE FORUM CLICK HERE

Admin

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:47 pm 

APF ADMIN wrote:
greenaus wrote:

Members have since November 2007, we have implemented several ideas from Members. SUGGESTIONS & COMMENTS ABOUT THE FORUM CLICK HERE

Admin

I fear you misunderstood. I was agreeing with the person. Members ARE able to offer input and Admin DOES consider input. I was giving Admin a thumbs up for being so great.

[smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

No brown-nosing. Just credit where credit is due.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:34 pm 

Apologies Greenaus it was misread sorry & thank you. It’s been a long day.

Admin

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next