AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:51 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Lavender Orpington
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:28 pm 

Anyone on the east coat working on large Lavender Orpington?

Post subject: Re: Lavender Orpington
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:19 am 
TWO FACED
TWO FACED

There are 2 breeders I know of on the East Coast that have Lavender - the birds are in the final stages of development
neither breeder is prepared to sell birds at this time

I am one of these breeders

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:21 pm 

Sooz, you're a tease!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:00 am 
TWO FACED
TWO FACED

andrewschooks wrote:
Sooz, you're a tease!

Nope just honest –
Others CLAIM to have lavender but when these birds are test bred to Black amazingly all the new owners get are Black and Blue offspring [and often WELL coloured Blues at that] = the birds being sold are actually very washed out pale Blues! [need a smilie for TUT TUT folks]

Others claim = put this with this and that with that then put that to this etc – but haven’t actually DONE it themselves and are just quoting ‘potential genetics’ potential doesn’t cut it with me – it’s the end result that does = NO ONE [I include myself in this statement] without chromosomal and DNA testing can actually say for a fact what the genetics of any bird they own is = Mother Nature WILL screw us humans up every time just to keep us on our toes :lol: the best we can do is be honest to ourselves abt our birds and hope for the best

# a wise and amazingly knowledgeable man once told me [many years ago]

Look at what you want to breed and choose the birds that most resemble that either in type or colour, then
You bred the best to the best and hope for the best
Keep the best cull the rest
Don’t feed what you don’t need

sooooo
I started developing my own line of Lavender Orpingtons abt 10ish yrs ago, in order to develop the colour in Cuckoo – and as the tail feathers in these birds is ‘scraggly’ as the best description and they are not overly heat tolerant it is difficult to keep the numbers at a level where any ‘quality’ excess can be offered to the public

NOW I have NEVER claimed to be the developer of the Lavender colour in Orpington here in OZ and never would, But the Lavender Cuckoo Orpington = yes I am the developer – they will be seen at a show soon enough

After the heat and fires of 09 I was left with almost not enough left standing in the solid and in the Lavender Cuckoo to go on with = sigh – here she goes having to almost, but not quite, start again! I did little with them last season concentrating on improving the Buff Cuckoo instead but have already chosen the next seasons breeding birds in Lav and Lav Cuckoo

The other breeder started only 2 yrs ago and the first attempt was a failure of monumental proportions as the ‘lavender’ birds acquired had been ‘bastardised’ with Blue th_Noooo.gif ruining the entire project – so last season new birds were acquired and are being test bred FIRST to ensure no Blue ‘bastardisation’

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:45 am 

Thanks very much for the information I was wondering would it be possible to post a photo or two soozorps please

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:14 pm 

Is anyone selling Lavender Orpingtons in Victoria?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:15 pm 

Throw an ad in the wanted area ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:03 pm 

Hey ooz can you post some pictures if you really have the lavenders please talk is they are a myth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:15 pm 

Don't hold your breath katy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:47 pm 

I have heard the only one with pure orps is Ken in WA

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Who is on the Forum

Users browsing this forum: 10Geese, 6 Ducks, 70%cocoa, ABC Poultry, Adam Smith, Adeiela, Akeet, Alex Cooper, alexanderpeafowl, AlligatorCrkHeritageBreed, Alpine Poultry, Amature Chookz, andrewschooks, Appleton Australorps, arvoducks, Ash Maree, auctioneer, Avi Rare Breeds, Ayam Cemani, Backyard Chicken Chat, Backyard fowl, BaliDuckz, Bantam Rhode Island Red, Bantamenance, Barnywood, beakybird, bearfred, BeatenEgg, Beaudesert Mandarins, bemba, Ben Newton, benalla park, Bendigo Poultry, Berryjj, BigDucksOz, BigQuackers, birds101, Birds4u, birdsrock, Birdz4u, blackdotte, blackleghorn, BlackSwan, Blackswan1, Blue Australorps, bluefirelady, Bob Brookes, BokBok2, Boolaroo, Booths Bantams, Boxwood, Brad M, brerrabbit, Brian Jack, BriansPeas, broken bird, BROOKES POULTRY, BT Homestead, BUBO, Buff Pekins, Buggsy, BushPig, ButtercupBreedGroup, BYC, byhookorchook, Cackles, caladenia, Caladenia Cottage, Calum H, Cammo Qld, CamsBantams, Carawatha Chickens, Cashmere, castaway chicken, cc's poultry, Charmhaven Chooks, Cheesman Chooks, Chicken Unity, chicken-boy, Chicken07, chickenlittle, Chickens Mad, Chickhorn, Chook Lady, chookasaurus, chookgirl, chookiebum, ChookieG, ChookMamma, ChookMum, Chooks Galore, Chooks R Us, chookslife, chookyinoz, Christine Shaw, Chukar, Cliff Wyandotte Bantams, CluckyDeb, coastalchookies, Colac Sussex, ColacWaterfowl, Collector Peafowl, Connor Peafowl, cookie, Cordelia, Country Bird, CountryChookz, Cowhide, CrackerChook, Crash, Daggy Guineas, Daniel Lawton, Danny, Danny Brown, DARLING DOWNS PIGEONS, darrssy, daviburn, David Simons, DavidGraham, Deb Thomas, debbilee, Denis, Desborough Birds, Dianne Carter, DillDale, Dodds Birds, DragonsDen, Dreaming Guineas, duckyfromoz, Duckz44, Eason Chooks, Eat Chooks, Ecovald, eggnog, EggSellent, eggy, eugenia, Fancychooklady, Farmer Benji, Feathers01, Flash, FlockPheasants, fluff fur & feathers, FluffyBum Silkies, FowlMan, Fraggle, Frances Brahmas, Fraser Island, FrogLeap, Furze Chooks, Gaggle of Geese, Gails Guinea Fowl, Gamebreeder, GavinGoose, geckodan, Georges Birds, Ginny, girlfriday, Glen Fowler, Gold Laced Wyandotte, Golden Pond, Golden West Waterfowl, Goodwin Ducks, Goran, Goulburn Heritage Poultry, grabby, GreenWest, Greg Davies, GUINEA FOWL, guinea fowl galore, Guinea Fowl Troop, Guinea owner, guineafowl, GuineaHomer, Haggis, hairycanary, HAPPYHENS, Hardfeather, Hawkes, heggie, Heidi F, Heijo, Helenchooks, Henny Penny, HillbillyGirlWA, Hyline Brown, Ian B, infoaddict, Isa Brown, Isachooks, Island Fowl, Ivan J, J Hicks, jaffa, Jane Stewart, Janelle Marshall, Jane's Chooks, jap jumbo quails, jarryd, Jeff Duncan, Jen71, Jersey Giant, Jimboomba Poultry, John Cole, John Pike, johnstoneparksussex, JonksGuineas, jose, Josh Welsummers, jr, JRA, Judith King, Judy Appleton, Julie Hart, Kalimna Heritage Poultry, kardella poultry, Karlisa, Katy, KAZZA64, KellyP, KEMPSEY NAKED NECKS, Ken Johnstone, kezabel, Khaki_Ducks, Kin Kin Silkies, Kingscote Chickens, Kingsthorpe Fowl, klw, konopiste, KoopKing, kowie, KT, kyall3, LadyAmherst21, lanceview, Lawnton Poultry, Lesley Thomson, Leslie Cooper, Lilly, Linda P, Linz, Lozzy, LozzyR, LueT, luvmychook, madrex, MamasPyjamas, Mannie, Marek, Marengo Heritage Poultry, Margret Young, MaryJ, MaryJanet, Matt Knight, MattsGuineas, Mcginniss Fowl, meander, Melanie Y, MemoryLane, Milo, MinistryofDucks, Minorca&AndalusianStud, MinorcaCoop, mitchell07, MitchesMarans, Monique, Monto Poultry, MrPeabody, Mrpeewee, Ms Frankie, mummaroo, mycoola, Myflockoblues, mysticviews, NanangoGuineaBoy, nathanael bantams, NellyG, NEP, NepeanBirds, New England Watefowl, NightMare, Noel Cox, NSW King Quails, NZ Pekin Queen, Oaklands, Oldmanrooster, Olivia N, ONE TREE HILL, Ozchook, ozflock, ozguineafowl, ozibirds, O'Connor Sumatras, P_Edwards, Pam, Paul Clark, Peafowland, peamad, pearcey, Peel Waterfowl, PeepGuineafowl, Perth Pigeons, perthchooks, Peter Mead, Pheasant Man, Phil Thomas, PHILL, Pitts_Poultry, pj hatchery, Podgie, PossumCorner, Poulsen, Poultry, Poultry Hoarder, Poultry Matters, Poultry mum, Poultry Rare Breeds, poultrynut, PrestigePeafowl, Pretty boy, Priens Fowl, prorooster, Prouten, QuailFarmer, QuailQueenGC, QuailTales, Quailz, Quamby Chickens, Rainbow Chickens, Rawlinson, realimagery, redeyekeet, redjohanna, Reeves Family, Rhiannan H, Rhode Red, Rick Bobby, Ricky Bobby, Riverchase, RJJ Fowl, Rob Smith, Rod Taylor, Roger Parkin, Rohan, rollyard, Roma Runners, Rose, RossGuineaFowl, Roundyard, ruff, rwood, Sandra Clarke, SantaClaws, Scots Grey Stud, seeing_spots, shairlyn, Sharni N, shayne, Shelly Roberts, silver duckwing game, Smallflock, snowball, South Aust Rouen Ducks, SouthernDucks, SouthSussex, Sparky, splash laced Wyandotte, springcreek, Stark Waterfowls, Stelan, Stephen Richards, Steve Davies, Stewart Grant, Stuart Turner, Sue Clarke, Sue Hall, Sue Sheppard, Sue Wards, sue55, Sumatra Stud AU, sunrise, Sussex19, swiftwood pheasants, SwineoSam, SydneyOEG, T.A.S.S™ [Bot], TANYA, TazBarnies, The Barnyard, The Browns, The Chook Man, The Good Life, The Gotfeather, TheChookBlock, Tolmie Guinea Fowl, Tolmie Peafowl, Tolmie Pheasants, Toolern Vale Fowl, Trany Naked Neck, Tribe of Honk, Tropic Poultry, Trott Park, Trout Runner, Turkey Man, Varley Pheasants, Vella Layer Hens, Vicki Joy, Victorian Waterfowl, Violet Town, W Brown, warmblood, Webbs Orpingtons, WendyT, Wheatley Silkies, white modern game, Whittlesea Poultry, whittls, wildman, Willow Park Poultry, winglet, Wombatbird, Wonderful Silkies, Wongarra Poultry, Wood Duck, WotTheFlock, Yandex [Bot], Yvette, Zanne and 5679911 guests