AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Clive Claus
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:57 am 
TWO FACED
TWO FACED

I'm glad you all enjoyed it :mrgreen: I have some nice photo's to go with it as soon as I get a chance . :mrgreen:
Cive likes it to a_bravo.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:38 am 

Opps "had" should be "has".

:)

Rabbit Breeds: Dwarf Lop, Californian, Netherland Dwarf, Polish, Rex, Dutch
http://www.kizma.webs.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:37 pm 
TWO FACED
TWO FACED

Yes your right , But in that instance I actually Meant Had a_bravo.gif Your Right Clive has Great orps

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:40 pm 

He has some nice orps too :-D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:21 pm 

No doubt in my mind really. Clive is a legend. Unfortunately many won't realise that until his passing. Many relative newcomers come to the poultry scene and within a short time (couple of years maybe) they are the experts, they know it all. Old timers like Clive and the "knowledge" they have accrued over many many years is swept under the carpet.

Sure, he and many others like him may not be "privy" to the science of it all ie the terminology, the genetics. But they have bred good quality fowls for much longer than the "so called experts", yet most importantly, they know a good fowl when they see one, and they know how to breed them. These "old timers" are so because, they have with-stood the test of time.

I haven't read your article in full yet bunyanuternie, but from what i have read I can see that you appreciate a wonderful old poultry man for what he is worth, not perfect, but a master breeder never-the-less.

Kind Regards :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:46 pm 
TWO FACED
TWO FACED

Thanks Derailer , you are Right in what you say ,and I appreciate your thoughts , Enjoy the article, I can only hope many more will see it through the same eyes that you have , Clive doesn't claim to be good ,he just is ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:21 pm 

The next time you are speaking with Clive bunyanuternie you would find his story about his childhood days with Pigeons interesting. How he used to ride out on his pony and catch them in sheds. He always made a few bob from them. He has a great love for Pigeons. I did a bit of an article on that myself but can't seem to find it at the moment. No problem, I gave Clive a copy :-D

Regards :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:45 pm 

Ian probably has this photo ready for loading but I thought I would add it anyway. This is Clive receiving his life membership for the Pekin Club of Queensland on the day that Ian interviewed him. The life membership was presented to Clive to kick off the Pekin presentation at the Noel Matthews Memorial show.

Congratulations Clive.

Attachments:
File comment: Clive Claus recieving a Life Memebership for the Pekin Club of Qld.
Clive at Noel Matthews Memorial.JPG
Clive at Noel Matthews Memorial.JPG [ 56.41 KiB | Viewed 1057 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:06 am 
TWO FACED
TWO FACED

Yes I have spoken to Clive about his pigeons a_bravo.gif I love pigeons and got my first pigeons from some old guy in Lowood when I was about 4 or 5 . So there was plenty of pigeon talk .Unfortunately I made this a short story :-D and stuck to the chooks . But I reckon There's enough material for a Great Book .
In fact there is a book on it's way that his son in law is writing for him and I'll be getting an Autographed copy as soon as it's Released or maybe even before ;) I came past Clives yesterday and will definately be seeing him this week . So I'll have to bring up the pigeons turbits,tumblers, jacobins I can hear him now :lol: :lol: .
Don't forget to give him support on Thursday if your about he'll be stewarding at the Ekka , Not bad for 82 .

Thanks for the photo Tiger ,much appreciated .Heres one I took at Rosewood with a couple of his Leghorns watching on . :-D
Attachment:
Clives Story.jpg
Clives Story.jpg [ 27.52 KiB | Viewed 1095 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:41 am 

a book sounds like a great idea, you will have to let us know when its Released ?

there would be a few people interested in reading it, 8)

jase